And now it is show my attempts at completing some Pinterest projects. That might become my new focus of this blog. You know you see all these great ideas on Pinterest. And you pin them to your various boards. But then do you ever find time to do them? And how hard are they? Do they actually turn out as nice as you hoped?
Well I tried 4 different projects. Some turned out better than others. So in no particular order - here are the projects.
1. Clothes pin wreath for Christmas cards from craftinessisnotoptional
Here is my complete version. Not as nice as I had hoped.
2. Spray painted letters hanging over a picture as inspired by this thriftydecorchick
This was definitely not a hard project. I bought the letters from a craft store and again spray painted red. I stapled ribbon to the backs. I had three pictures hanging over our mantle. I decided to cover them in green burlap, which proved to be a bit difficult. It was hard to get them to stay wrapped - turns out duct tape and electrical tape worked pretty well. But the weight of the letters were hold to hold up. I didn't put the tacks in them like the above blogger did. Tried duct tape, but only the "Y" would stay up. I liked the result, and will have to find a better way for them to stay next year. Also, our pictures our larger than the inspiration and so the letters were spaced apart quite a bit, on the verge of being too far.
3. Advent calendar as inspired by simple mom
This was very easy to do and my favorite end result. I found the same scrapbook paper at JoAnns. It was in a large scrap paper pad, so I had to buy the whole thing and I am not a scrapper. So now I have lots of paper. Oh well. But I bought the same book marks and did exactly as the blog said. Except cut strips of paper to cover up the clothes pins. I had a framed picture in the kitchen that I covered in wrapping paper and then hung the advent calendar ribbons from. The kids loved it. Definitely a keeper.
4. Covered foam wreath for door as inspired by vintageindie
I decided not to do yarn because I had read it took forever. So I used wider ribbon. And I found these silver snow flakes at Joanns. Not sure if I like the result. I wish I could find a fatter wreath foam to use. And then maybe change out the silver snowflakes, or add some other sized ones. It was a simple enough project (1 spool of ribbon I believe). Just wasn't exactly what I had hoped for.
And there you have it. I have tried a few other pinterest projects, and will post about them in the future. If you have any projects that you want to try but are afraid that they will either be too hard or not turn out right, let me know and maybe I will give them a whirl.