Today went ok. My doctor completely agreed that I wasn't tolerating the med and shouldn't be on it. He also said I have pretty severe arrhythmia and we should do something about it. Not that I would die from the rhythm, but it will certainly (and it has) limited me in some ways. So as we had suspected while in the hospital, the recommendation is to back into the electrophysiology lab (EP lab) and try to map out my heart. Again (maybe the 3rd time is a charm?) And hopefully be able to burn the parts that are causing a problem. I told him I wasn't willing to accept a pacemaker as an option. I would rather live with it than depend on a battery-for the rest of my life. He agreed with that.
I am a bit freaked out. He left the room to look for dates. The husband was with me and I was trying not to panic. The doctor returned. So calmly sat down and said "how about tomorrow?". What. YIKES. Guess I can't panic for too long. And when I panic, my heart does something like this:
And that is it. Bunch of blood work done. Have to go in for an echo in a little bit. Then show up at 5:30 tomorrow morning. I will come home if they can't burn anything. And if they burn something, then I spend the night in the hospital. Assuming all goes as planned. Which, if you know me, is about as likely as me winning the lottery. So again - trying not to panic.
I will give lots of kisses to my babies tonight. I will try not shed tears. I will try and hold it together. I will try and sleep. I will try to relax. I will try to keep my heart in a normal sinus rhythm. And I will pray endless prayers that I get to see my babies faces tomorrow afternoon.