Friday, June 3, 2011

Ah - the theater days.

So a long time ago, I was one of those thespians.  I loved acting when I was little.  I don't think I was any good - at least not for awhile.  Finally in high school, I auditioned for a company called "Skitsos".  Yep - that is what we were called.  Eventually the name changed (something about offending people) - and we became SOS Players.  All of this stood for Skits Outreach Services.

We were a bunch of high school kids who loved to be a tremendously bit dramatic.  We performed at other schools all across the midwest.  It was a blast.  I didn't particularly like high school, so I missed about 30-40 days a year touring.  I may have received numerous threats from the principal's office about missing so much school.  I said - look at my grades- doesn't really matter does it.  So I missed as many days as I possibly could:)

Skitsos Reunion - 2008 (that would be me pregnant with Munchkin)
I got to hang out with some amazing people during those 3 years.  Several now are relatively famous (a couple of stand up comedians, tv star, some with smaller bits in movies).  But I had amazing directors.  And just being a part of the company really taught me a lot about myself.  I know I am not the same because of them.

Thank you Wendy Bird and Big E(smiling from above):)

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.
    I was pretty lucky in not getting much grief from the folks at school about me missing so many days. I wasn't much into high school either and took as many shows as I could fit into my life.

    ReplyDelete