Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Why do mommas get sick

So why do mommas get sick?  Is it because we run around non-stop?  Put our kids' needs first.  Never get enough sleep.  Wipe our kids' noses with whatever we have on hand - and literally use our hands sometimes.  Never thought I would be that kind of mom.  Wasn't with the munchkin.  But then once there was too, it was too much effort at times to run and get a tissue or a wipe.  So then it became the tank's shirt and sometimes mine. 

I think I got over the -wiping a baby's mouth/nose with personal clothing - after the tank puked on me more times than I could ever count.  Yep - he puked about 100 x day for the first 3 months of his life.  Then it got to 10 x day with thickening his feeds.  But after that, I didn't really care about using my clothing as a catch all wipe.

So the tank was sick last week.  And now this momma feels like I was run over by a dump truck.  Just in time to fly to Hong Kong.  Praying that the bug will be short lived and that I don't end up with a horrible cough.  I can't imagine what people on the plane would think if I coughed for 20 hours.

So that's all for now.  Way too tired.  Must clean the floors.  Wait - I mean, must put myself first for a short period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment