Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm leaving on a jet plane...

There will be a short hiatus of the blog.  I'm flying to Hong Kong tomorrow.  For work.  But my work will consist of 1.5 hours total.  And then that leaves 3 days of nothing.

I don't mind flying.  I usually just sleep the whole flight.  Well until we had kids that we brought with on the plane.  There is no sleeping then.  I get a wee bit anxious for every takeoff.  My goal is to fall asleep before we takeoff so I only wake once we are way up in the sky.  I blame it on the Challenger explosion.  Something seems more risky about the takeoff.  But tomorrow's flight is a total of 20 hours.  Most of that across the ocean.  Now that is making me nervous.  I may or may not have gotten something from a doctor to combat those nerves.

It's not like if a plane was going to crash over land that I would have a better chance of surviving - probably the opposite.  But flying over water for half a day is a bit eery.  If we were to crash, then we could be stranded in the middle of the ocean.  Or maybe end up on a random island like Lost.  But in the end, I am sure it will be fine.  The bigger issue will be dealing with massive jet lag - fly for 20 hours and then end up in a time zone that is 13 hours ahead.  And the presentation is at 1 pm.  So we will see how lucid I am for that.

By the time I return, I may not have any idea what day or time it is.   The end result- likely a very funny post.  Until then...

1 comment:

  1. It's a very looong flight to Hong Kong. But have a great time regardless, HK is an amazing city.

    ReplyDelete