Friday, May 27, 2011

Home cooking baby food

This was from a previous batch.
When the munchkin was little, I made some baby food for her.  She wasn't a fan.  Eating even at that age just wanted something she really wanted to do.  So I think I made one batch of food, and that was it.  And I don't think she ever ate it all.

But the tank is a different story.  He loves to eat.  And I love making baby food.  It is so easy and quick.  And when the person you are cooking for really loves it, all the more rewarding.

So last night I quick made up a batch (this would be the third time in just over a month).  I usually make about 5-6 ice cube trays at a time.  Last night I just used whatever I had on hand.  Bananas with applesauce,  bananas with prune juice, sweet
poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (that's what happens if you are typing when the batteries in your keyboard die) potatoes mixed with applesauce, and then for fun I chopped up some pasta and mixed it in.

But the thing he loved the most is shown in this picture.  He is teething something awful right now.  So I gave this a try.

From a vegetarian* momma.

He was in heaven.








And because she was sweet and asked me to take her picture, which she usually refuses, here is a just for fun pic of the munchkin.

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh because just tonight Eden ate her half a piece of pizza while Delia proceeded to eat a piece and a half of pizza, and cheerios and watermelon before we cut her off ;)

    ReplyDelete