Monday, May 23, 2011

Flying half way across the world

So my trip to Hong Kong went well.  I was so anxious about flying that far.  We flew from the MSP to Tokyo and then on to Hong Kong.  The long leg was just over 12 hours, but for some reason I thought it was 16.  I had this horrible fear of running out of food on the plane.  And having an anxiety attack.  Not sure why I had those fears.  Part of the food thing is it looked they were only going to serve dinner.  And I don't eat meat.  Which can always be a hit or miss thing on planes.  I requested a vegetarian option ahead of time.  But I have done that before and been served something completely unrecognized.  Even a flight attendant had to apologize once because the tray looked so horrific.

I flew Delta- and was surprised by how good the food was on the way there.  And we were served meals every 3 hours.

But the one thing I can't figure out- why airlines think "vegetarian" means no chocolate - even when I specified that dairy was ok.  So everyone else got brownies, hershey bars, and other chocolates.  I got fruit. And crackers with a slice of cheddar cheese.  Seriously - have you ever seen me and sweets.  And do you remember reading this about my love for chocolate.

So I had packed a whole bag of food and didn't really need it other than the chocolate.

And I slept for half of the flight.

So all was well in the end.  Minus the chocolate thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment